iPhone is the most secured smartphone ever in the market. Apple has designed the device in consideration of the user’s privacy and security as the primary factor. So iPhone hacks aren’t a common thing in most cases. But can iPhone be hacked is the most asked question by many of us despite being the safest device. Yes, an iPhone can be hacked in different ways, and you aren’t the one searching for it. Safeguarding the sensitive and personal or private info available on the iPhone from hackers is vital at any cause. Experts believe that the device gets hacked by unauthorized apps and links. Get to know how likely can an iPhone be hacked and things you should do to protect your data from being hacked.
How Can an iPhone Be Hacked?
There are various scenarios under which your iPhone hack occurs. With this, someone unauthorized or untrusted will gain access to your private information. It includes your bank details, credit & debit card info, passwords, login details, and more. Therefore, it is essential to know under what situation the device gets hacked.
Suspicious Links & Websites
If you happen to use any suspicious websites or links, your phone has a high chance of getting hacked. Such links and websites might look normal, but they target the user’s data. So, if you doubt any sites or links, you shall check out the URL, logo, spelling, etc.
Don’t connect your iPhone to free public WiFi. Such connections open up the possibility for hackers to redirect you to untrusted sites. Besides this, you may likely get suspicious links as messages or emails. So, make sure you aren’t clicking on such links from an unknown contact as they target hacking your iPhone.
Suspicious Apps & Software
Although Apple claims to hold apps that are from a trustworthy provider, there are some hacking apps available on the Apple App Store. While it isn’t hard to identify them, one should look into the app before you install it carefully. You shall check the type of information it asks for. If the app asks permission that isn’t related to its operations, you shall doubt the app.
If you are jailbreaking the iPhone, it voids the device warranty and security. Although it lets you install third-party software, it opens up the chance of installing malware. So if you have access to any stalkerware or suspicious software on your iPhone, your data may be stolen. Such software will track your location, access private data, including calls, texts, emails, etc. They require your password and physical access and thus are an uncommon hacking method. However, you shall need to remove such software that you don’t remember installing at all to safeguard your privacy.
Sometimes, hackers will target the iPhone by creating unknown flaws in the iOS software. As a result, hackers install malware on your device to fetch data. In most cases, the targetted device user will not know the result of this hack. So, when you receive an invisible text message, then this is a targeted hack.
Can iPhone Be Hacked Remotely?
Yes. iPhone can be hacked remotely despite being it happens rarely. Hacking a device remotely is expensive and requires specialized hackers. Since it involves lots of money, it isn’t more common.
Can iPhone Be Hacked Through WiFi?
Yes. Hackers attacking the iPhone over WiFi is extremely difficult. Yet, this will still happen if your iPhone is connected to a public WiFi or unsecured network.
How To Protect your iPhone from Being Hacked
If you don’t want to deal with iPhone hacks or want to keep your iPhone data safe, you should consider the following things.
- It is vital to keep the iOS always up-to-date. Ensure you are using the latest version of iOS software.
- Don’t jailbreak the device as it attracts potential vulnerabilities and incompatible malware or spyware apps.
- Ensure you have set the strongest password for your iCloud account. With this, hackers cannot download the files even if they can hack your iPhone.
- Make sure not to install apps that aren’t trustworthy. Check for every detail of the app if you find something untrusted.
- Keep Two Factor Authentication turned on as it prevents hackers from accessing your iCloud account as it requires one more step of verification.
How to Find Hacked iPhone
Look for few things on your iPhone to confirm the device is hacked.
- The battery is draining out too fast.
- The device is usually hot.
- It shows poor performance when loading websites.
- High data usage.
- Outgoing messages or calls that you didn’t send.
- Unusual pop-ups.
Related: Is My iPhone Hacked: 10 Signs That Tell If Your iPhone is Hacked
How to Resolve iPhone Hacked Issue
Try the below things when your iPhone is already hacked.
- Power off the iPhone. Optionally, you shall turn on the Airplane mode.
- Reset the device settings to restore the hacked iPhone.
- Use strong passwords for all your accounts.
- Avoid clicking, opening, or downloading links from an unknown sender.
- Download security updates for apps on your iPhone.
- Read the app permissions before downloading an app.
- Use public WiFi that is secured with password and WPA2/3 enabled.
That was all info we got you regarding can an iPhone be hacked. We hope this section has addressed the possible causes as well as fixes. For more such interesting article updates, you shall connect to our blog.