Apple Watch is definitely the best fitness invention by Apple. It features lots of advanced functions that differ from a normal smartwatch. There are lots of symbols and icons available on the Apple Watch and each has its own meaning. Not all of the icons and symbols on watchOS are self-explanatory. Also, watchOS will not send the notification and annoy you. In such a scenario, you need to know what the symbols or icons represent and what do they actually mean. So, you can take advantage of what your Apple Watch is trying to communicate with you if you know the meaning of the icons. Here in this section, you will find the most common Apple Watch icons and symbols along with their actual meaning.
Apple Watch Icons
Let us discuss the different icons available on the Apple Watch in brief.
- Green Lightning Bolt icon – Apple Watch is Charging.
- Red Lightning Bolt icon – Your Watch battery is low.
- Orange Airplane icon – Airplane mode enabled, and wireless features are turned off.
- Moon icon – Do Not Disturb mode. Calls and notifications are disabled while alarms will still ring.
- Lock icon – Apple Watch locked, and you need to enter the passcode to unlock it.
- Theater Mode icon – Your screen will turn dark until you make a tap on the screen.
- Wi-Fi icon – watchOS connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Green Dots – Apple Watch with GPS+ is connected to the cellular network. The number of dots indicates the signal strength.
- iPhone Slash – Apple Watch isn’t connected to the iPhone.
- Red X icon – GPS cellular lost connection to the cellular network.
- Water Droplet – The water lock is on, and the screen will not respond to taps. Turning the Digital Crown will unlock Apple Watch.
- Red Dot – It appears when a notification arrives, and you can swipe down to read it.
- Arrow icon – An app on the watchOS used location services.
- Bed Time icon – Apple Watch is in Sleep mode.
- Wireless Activity icon – There is a wireless activity or an active process that is happening.
- Microphone – The microphone turned on.
Tip: How To Add Apps To Apple Watch in 2 Easy Ways
Those were the most common icons or symbols and their respective meaning you need to know while using the Apple Watch. We hope the above content is helpful to you in identifying the symbols when displayed. For more such tips and tricks, you shall stay tuned to our blog.