Apple Music is the music streaming service that brings around 90 million songs to listen to. It is one of the largest paid music streaming services in the world. Using this service, you can listen to music online and offline. It offers personalized music for every user, curated playlists from Apple’s editors, radio, video clips, concerts, and original content. Further, you will be able to listen to the songs in Dolby Atmos, Lossless, and Hi-res Lossless. Apple Music is available on multiple devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, HomePod, CarPlay, Android, Sonos, Amazon Echo, Google Nest, PlayStation, and more. If you’re an Apple Music subscriber and want to play songs with Amazon Alexa, you shall proceed with the below section.
Apple Music Subscription
As for now, Apple Music has four subscription tiers. They are,
- Voice Plan – $4.99 per month
- Student Plan – $4.99 per month
- Individual Plan – $9.99 per month
- Family Plan – $14.99 per month
How to Set Up and Play Apple Music with Alexa
2. Make a click on the three lines from the top-left corner.
3. Further, select Settings from the bottom of the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down and choose the Music and Podcasts option.
5. Then, tap on Link New Service under the Services menu bar.
6. Now, select the Apple Music icon from the list. If you want to listen to Apple Podcasts, then choose Apple Podcasts.
7. Tap ENABLE TO USE button to connect your Apple Music account to your Alexa app.
8. Next, Sign in with your Apple ID and Password. Sometimes, you may also require to enter a two-factor authentication code.
9. Once done, select Allow button.
10. Finally, click on the Close option.
If you want to set up Apple Music as your default music service,
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and tap More from the lower-right corner.
2. Select Settings and move to Music & Podcasts.
3. Choose Default Services.
4. Under Music, select Apple Music to set as your default music service.
Related: How To Cancel Apple Music Subscription Instantly on any Device
How to Unlink Apple Music and Alexa
1. Open to the Amazon Alexa app.
2. Select More from the bottom and select Settings.
3. Scroll down and select Music & Podcasts.
4. Under Services, tap Apple Music.
5. Finally, choose Disable Skill to unlink Apple Music and Alexa.
That’s it. Now, you can ask Alexa to play songs, albums, artists from Apple Music. You can command like “Alexa Play The Crow by DJ Food.” Further, you get the option to create a Multi-Room Music group in the Alexa app. At present, Apple Music for Alexa is available only in selected countries. They are Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Mexico, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, Japan, the UK, and the US.
Hope, this article guides you set up play Apple Music on Alexa. If you are interested to know more about Apple products, don’t forget to visit our blog.