Amazon Prime Video is a paid subscription service that offers popular movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more in high-definition quality. You can also rent videos on Amazon Prime Video. Currently, Amazon Prime has 26,000+ movies and 2500+ TV shows. Apple TV is an exemplary media streaming player to replace the cable TV subscription. You will find lots of streaming apps, like Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, etc., pre-installed on Apple TV. In this case, Amazon Prime is not an exclusion. If you can’t find the app on Apple TV, you can install the Amazon Prime Video app from the App Store on Apple TV.
How to Get Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV
The most effortless way to get Prime Video on tvOS is to download the app from the App Store.
- Apple TV 4th Generation and later
- tvOS 14.3 or later.
- Amazon Prime Subscription ($8.99/month)
1. Power On your Apple TV and connect the Apple TV to a WiFi.
2. From the home screen, choose the App Store icon to launch it.
3. Using the Search option, look for Amazon Prime Video. Alternatively, use Siri to voice search it.
4. Select the Prime Video app from the search results.
5. Hit the Get button or download icon to install the app on your Apple TV.
6. After the installation, press the Open button to launch the app.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV Via AirPlay
You can also watch Prime Video content on Apple TV using the casting method.
AirPlay Prime Video on Apple TV from iPhone/iPad
1. Initially, you should connect your iPhone or iPad and tvOS to the same WiFi.
2. Launch the Prime Video app on your iOS device from the apps section. If you haven’t installed the app, download it from the App Store.
3. Log in to your Amazon Prime account.
4. Now, select any video and press the Play icon.
5. Click the AirPlay icon on the top right. Otherwise, open the Control Center and press the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Select the Apple TV name from the list of available devices.
7. With this, the Prime video will start playing on your Apple TV.
AirPlay Prime Video on Apple TV from Mac
1. Connect your macOS and tvOS to the same WiFi or internet connectivity.
2. Launch any browser on your macOS and visit the official website of Amazon Prime Video.
3. Sign in to your account using the necessary credentials.
4. Select any movie or show to play on the website.
5. When it begins to play, click the Control Center icon in the menu bar.
6. Tap Screen Mirroring and choose the Apple TV to which you want to mirror the content.
7. Enter the AirPlay code when prompted and press OK.
8. When the connection establishes, you can stream Prime Video on your Apple TV.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Apple TV
Sometimes, the Prime Video app doesn’t work properly, and you will face a loading screen or black screen problem. To get rid of these issues, refer to the fixes listed below.
☆ Close the app on Apple TV and reopen it.
★ Update the Prime Video app on Apple TV.
★ Update your tvOS to the latest firmware version.
☆ If nothing works, reset the Apple TV to factory settings and try again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can download videos on Amazon Prime in different quality formats.
By subscribing to the Prime Video free trial, you can watch Amazon Prime Video for free.